Abstracts

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 5 of 13
< Prev Next >
LH-FL-20150315-DSC_0267.jpg
St. Augustine was the site of the first lighthouse established in Florida by the new, territorial, American Government in 1824. The original lens in 1824: Winslow Lewis lamps with replectors; 1855: fourth order Fresnel lens; 1874: first order Fresnel lens.  There are only 10 US lighthouses with an operating 1st order Fresnel Lens - St Augustine being one of the 10.